Climate in Crete
Crete has a Mediterranean climate, one of the healthiest as it is quite humid near the sea, with short and mild winters. During the summer it becomes slightly hot in the north and hotter in the south.
July and August are the hottest months (25°-33ºC) and January the coldest of the year (8°-18ºC).
Météo en Crète. Températures de la mer: May: 15°-21°C June: 21°-25°C July - August: 24°-27°C September: 24°-26°C October: 21°-25°C
Which season should I choose?
- April: Spring is there already, but a few days of light rain and it's chilly in the evening
- May: Nice weather, spring is settled and a light jumper in the evening
- June: Very pleasant for swimming, visiting, hiking
- July: Summer is well under way, and sometimes quite hot
- August: Summer is well under way, and sometimes quite hot
- September: Good weather, swimming and a light jumper in the evening
- October: The weather is still good but cooler. Nice weather